|
Twitter
|
Facebook
|
Google+
|
VKontakte
|
LinkedIn
|
Viadeo
|
English
|
Français
|
Español
|
العربية
|
 
International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies
ISSN: 2028-9324     CODEN: IJIABO     OCLC Number: 828807274     ZDB-ID: 2703985-7
 
 
Tuesday 25 September 2018

About IJIAS

News

Submission

Downloads

Archives

Custom Search

Contact

Connect with IJIAS

  Now IJIAS is indexed in EBSCO, ResearchGate, ProQuest, Chemical Abstracts Service, Index Copernicus, IET Inspec Direct, Ulrichs Web, Google Scholar, CAS Abstracts, J-Gate, UDL Library, CiteSeerX, WorldCat, Scirus, Research Bible and getCited, etc.  
 
 
 

SOCIO-ECONOMIC ASPECT OF BATTLE AGAINST INVASIVE AQUATIC PLANTS OF NYONG RIVER IN MBALMAYO DISTRICT


[ ASPECTS SOCIO-ECONOMIQUES DE LA LUTTE CONTRE LES PLANTES AQUATIQUES ENVAHISSANTES DU FLEUVE NYONG DANS LA COMMUNE DE MBALMAYO ]

Volume 19, Issue 2, February 2017, Pages 363–375

 SOCIO-ECONOMIC ASPECT OF BATTLE AGAINST INVASIVE AQUATIC PLANTS OF NYONG RIVER IN MBALMAYO DISTRICT

Achille NOUGA BISSOUE1, NJUMEWANG ENJOH2, Gildas Parfait NDJOUONDO3, and Siegfried Didier DIBONG4

1 Ecole Normale Supérieure d’Enseignement Technique, Université de Douala, B.P. 2701, Douala, Cameroon
2 Ecole Normale Supérieure d’Enseignement Technique, Université de Douala, B.P. 2701, Douala, Cameroon
3 Département de Biologie des Organismes Végétaux, Faculté des Sciences, Université de Douala, B.P. 24157 Douala, Cameroon
4 Département de Biologie des Organismes Végétaux, Faculté des Sciences, Université de Douala, B.P. 24157 Douala, Cameroon

Original language: French

Received 25 October 2016

Copyright © 2017 ISSR Journals. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.

Abstract


Demographic change is responsible for the degradation of wetlands Nyong river. The overall objective of the study has been to analyze socio-economic factors who manage Nyong river, Mbalmayo Distric. Interviews and surveys of the local population have been made. The local population is mainly the men (61%), mainly to 41-60 year hold (60%). They practice mainly agriculture on the banks of Nyong river (43%). The plants are invasive (40%) and block river (40%). Biodiversity is factor mainly impacted (50%). The managing of these area for different actors is doing by all abduction of invasive plants (90%), by extraction (60%). The interviews and surveys have highlighted the complexity of interactions between actors. Respondents are aware: they identify the environmental, social, political and territorial raised by the management of risk areas.

Author Keywords: Degradation, wetlands, Nyong, Mbalmayo.


Abstract: (french)


L’évolution démographique est responsable de la dégradation des zones humides du fleuve Nyong. L’objectif de l’étude a été de déterminer les facteurs socio-économiques impliqués dans la gestion du fleuve Nyong, commune de Mbalmayo. Des entretiens et des enquêtes auprès de la population riveraine ont été effectués. Les enquêtés ont été pour la plupart les hommes (61 %), âgés majoritairement de 41-60 ans (60 %). Ils pratiquent principalement l’agriculture sur la rive du fleuve Nyong (43 %). Les plantes y sont envahissantes (40 %) et obstruent les plans d’eau (40 %). La biodiversité est le facteur le plus impacté (50 %). La gestion de ces zones par les différents acteurs se fait par l’enlèvement total des plantes envahissantes (90 %), par arrachage (60 %). Les entretiens et les enquêtes ont fait ressortir la complexité des interactions entre les acteurs. Ils en sont conscients et identifient les enjeux environnementaux, sociaux, économiques et territoriaux soulevés par la gestion des zones à risque.

Author Keywords: dégradation, zones humides, Nyong, Mbalmayo.


How to Cite this Article


Achille NOUGA BISSOUE, NJUMEWANG ENJOH, Gildas Parfait NDJOUONDO, and Siegfried Didier DIBONG, “SOCIO-ECONOMIC ASPECT OF BATTLE AGAINST INVASIVE AQUATIC PLANTS OF NYONG RIVER IN MBALMAYO DISTRICT,” International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 363–375, February 2017.